Every summer since 2013, under the curious and watchful eye of the public, local and visiting artists in a wide-variety of mediums work outdoors for four days in and around Dexter.
2020 Paint Dexter Plein Air Festival COVID-19 Update
The Dexter Arts, Culture, and Heritage Committee would like to announce that the 2020 Paint Dexter Plein Air Festival is moving forward, but is going to be modified to avoid gatherings of people in accordance with Covid-19 guidelines.
The Committee is implementing the following changes impacting participating artists:
- Participating artists will check-in and paint on their own as normal within the Dexter School District boundaries between August 17th and Aug 21st.
- We are eliminating registration fees associated with the 2020 event. If you have already registered and paid, you will receive a refund whether you choose to attend or not.
- Registration deadlines have been extended to July 1st for all artists.
- Because prizes usually come from corporate sponsorships, and local sponsorships are currently unavailable, we are unable to award any prizes this year, and no judging will take place. There will not be a separation of professional and amateur categories.
- There will be no in-person Festival Tent, exhibit or public reception. Instead, an online exhibit will open at the end of the event for artists to sell their paintings to the general public.
- Artists will be asked to submit photos of their paintings within 2 days of the conclusion of the event. Artists will take their paintings home with them.
- All parameters for artwork as described in the Artist Guide on our website will apply.
- This exhibit will be open for at least one month, but may be open through the end of 2020.
- All works submitted will be available for purchase, and artists are expected to include shipping costs in their price.
- Paintings produced at previous Paint Dexter Plein Air Festivals that have not sold may also be submitted for sale.
- A standard 30% commission on artwork will apply.
- We will not be able to host the Tuesday Artists Reception.
- We will ask artists to maintain social distancing guidelines, and wear masks when unable to maintain at least 6’ separation from other artists and area residents.
- If you are an artist that previously registered for the Festival and would like to withdraw, please contact us.
The following changes will impact Festival Patrons:
- We will not be hosting an adult workshop or children’s event, but we are hoping to do something unique separately and at a later date. Any fees paid for these events will be refunded.
- The painting sale will take place in an online format.