Robert Perrish is an award-winning designer, sculptor and painter whose love of nature is evident in everything he creates. This was first expressed through wildlife painting and sculpture, and has since evolved into an interest in representational landscapes. His approach has become more impressionistic: “My hope is to recreate on canvas a specific mood found in, perhaps, an autumn field at sunrise, or a quiet garden with its abundant palette of color.” He prefers to paint with oils, but experiments with other mediums as well.
Robert is a life long resident of Michigan, and has made his home in Livonia for the past 26 years. Working as a graphic designer and commercial illustrator for 30 years, Bob is now painting full time. He has traveled extensively throughout the United States and abroad, capturing as much as he can on canvas along the way.
He recently completed a series of oil paintings around Lake Obakamiga while staying and fishing at Buck & Bingwood cabins. He has also been accepted into the Oil Painters of America Salon Show this coming September.
Plein air painting has become a regular habit and has helped his studio work as well. He is one of the co-founders of Michigan Plein Air Painters and paints with them on a weekly basis, as well as traveling out of state for other painting opportunities. Robert also has served as Chairman of the Livonia Arts Commission.
Awards include Michigan Wildlife Artist of the Year, Ducks Unlimited Artist of the year, as well as DU Carver of the Year 3 times, 16 Best-of-Shows in national and world carving competitions. His artwork and sculptures have appeared on National magazines, calendars, books, limited edition prints and currently can be found in various art galleries throughout Michigan.
- Best in Show – Livonia Art Show
- Painting North Carolina Invitational 2005/6/7/9/10/11/12/13/14/15
- Germanton Art Gallery – Juried Show/Our Town Exhibition – Birmingham, MI 2004/5/6/10/11/12/13/14
- Juried Show/Award Winner – Canton Center Art Association 10/2001 One Man Show
- Livonia Civic Center – 8-2001 Juried Show
- Birmingham Bloomfield Art Association 8/2000 Juried Show
- Macomb Center for the Arts – 8/2000 One Man Show
- Greenmead, Livonia – 8/2000 Art at Greenmead/juried show
- Livonia, Mi – 6/2000 Wayne Street Art Gallery/Group show
- Wayne, Mi – 5/2000 Jesse Besser Art Museum/Juried show
- Alpena, Mi – 12/99 Natural History exhibition (sculpture)
- Las Vegas, NV Northern National Wildlife Art Festival/Peoples Choice recipient
- Lansing, Mi Michigan Wildlife Art Festival/featured carver.
- Fingerlakes Art Gallery – Canandiagua, New York
- Germanton Art Gallery – North Carolina
- Castle Gallery – Fort Wayne, Indiana
Robert Perrish • 20085 Hubbard • Livonia, Michigan 48152
Back to Participating Artists.