Registration begins in April and is required to participate. Announcements will be sent via email to artists that have previously participated and anyone who contacts us.
See the registration page for more information and to join our mailing list to receive announcements.
The Plein Air Painting Competition begins on Monday, August 15th and concludes at the end of the day Thursday, August 18th.
Please read the following carefully as this outlines the festival’s expectations for artist participation in this event.
Competition Entry Information and Requirements
- Professional Artists must REGISTER ONLINE by May 15, 2016 and submit three digital images of recent plein air paintings, a bio, plus three additional digital images of recent work, which could be available for sale at the Professional Artist Small Works Exhibit.
- Emerging Artists must REGISTER ONLINE by July 1, 2016 in order to participate in the Plein Air Painting Competition.
- Artists competing in the Professional category must be invited to participate as participation at that level is a juried event.
- See the Professional Artist Prospectus for details and requirements
- Professional artists who are juried into the competition will exhibit one painting selected by the panel of judges for the Professional Artist Small Works Exhibit.
- No walk-ons, no exceptions. See our No Walk-on Policy for detail.
- Artists are required to check-in at one of the scheduled Check-in times prior to painting.
- Upon Check-in, artists will have canvases and papers stamped before commencing painting. No watercolor/pastel block pads allowed. See Schedule of Events for Artists for available Check-in times.
- Finished artwork delivery times are listed in the Schedule of Events for Artists, and will also be provided in your Artist Packet upon check-in.
- Each artist may deliver up to two (2) finished paintings for the Plein Air Painting Competition for the Wet Paint Silent Auction Sale.
- Attach artist’s name, title, medium and phone number on backside of each painting with Forms provided on Entry Form included in the Artist Packet.
- Delivery of finished framed artwork is due at the above assigned time on Friday, August 19, in the Festival Tent at Monument Park. Coffee and donuts will greet you!
- A receipt waiver will be filed at time of artwork delivery. A number will be assigned to each painting, logged in waiver notebook and attached to the backside of painting(s).
- Artists pick up all unsold artwork and sign Release on Saturday, August 20, 4:00-4:45pm. No early pickup.
- See Artist’s Guide for Requirements and Guidelines.