Quick Draw Competition Entry Information
The Quick Draw Competition happens the same time for all participating painters. The public is invited to watch.
Please read the following carefully as this outlines the festival’s expectations for artist participation in this event.
Competition Entry Information and Requirements
- Professional Artists must REGISTER ONLINE by May 15 and be juried into competition.
- Emerging Artists must REGISTER ONLINE by July 1 in order to participate in the Quick Draw Painting Competition.
- No walk-ons, no exceptions. See our No Walk-on Policy for details.
- Artists are required to check-in at 8:00-9:00am on Friday at the Tent Gallery in Monument Park. Check-in is mandatory.
- Upon Check-in, artists will have canvases and papers stamped before commencing painting. No watercolor/pastel block pads allowed.
- Deliver finished artwork, framed, and ready-to-hang to Tent Gallery 1:00-1:30pm.
- Each artist may deliver up one (1) finished painting for the Quick-Draw Competition and the Wet Paint Sale.
- Attach artist’s name, title, medium and phone number on backside of each painting with Forms provided on Entry Form included in the Artist Packet.
- A receipt waiver will be filed at time of artwork delivery. A number will be assigned to each painting, logged in waiver notebook and attached to the backside of painting(s).
- Artists pick up all unsold artwork and sign Release on Saturday between 8:00pm-9:00pm.
- See Artist’s Guide for Requirements and Deadlines.